After crossing Alajuela city and while ascending towards the Poás Volcano, the change in temperature and vegetation is noticeable; flower and strawberry farms along the way.
In the first stop, Doka Coffee Estate welcomes visitors with a typical breakfast and a tour in a coffee plantation to learn about the ancient techniques used by the experts to produce one of the best coffees in Costa Rica.
The tour continues to Poás Volcano National Park, for a hike to the lookout point at the impressive main crater and to Botos Lagoon.
Later, we head on to La Paz Waterfall Gardens to walk on a trail towards spectacular waterfalls amidst the rainforest. Other highlights of this experience are the rescue center, the birdhouse, the butterfly garden, monkeys, the hummingbird gallery, the serpentarium, the frogs’ exhibit, and the jungle cats. This experience concludes with a buffet lunch.
- Round-trip A/C transportation
- Bilingual guide (English/Spanish)
- Buffet lunch
- Entrance fees to Doka Coffee Plantation,Poás Volcano, and to La Paz Waterfall Gardens.
- Comfortable clothes
- Hiking shoes
- Hat or Cap
- Sunblock Lotion
- Insect repellent
- Raingear or Sweater
Hotels in the Central Valley area:
- Radisson Europa Hotel and Conference Center
- Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Costa Rica
- Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel Spa & Nature Reserve
- Casa Conde Apartotel & Suites
- Hotel Britannia
- Gran Hotel Costa Rica
- Hotel Villas Casino La Condesa
- Holiday Inn Express
- Aurola Holiday Inn San Jose
- Costa Rica Marriott Hotel
- Best Western Irazu
- Presidente Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Corobici
- Xandari Resort & Spa
- Doubletree Cariary by Hilton San Jose
- Real InterContinental Hotel & Club Tower Costa Rica
- Wyndham San José Herradura Hotel and Convention Center
- Quality Real San Jose